Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Detach

I've been thinking, as per usual.
I think the reason I get hurt so easily, is because I attach to anyone and everyone. Even if they aren't particularly kind to me.
I need to start working on detaching myself from these people, even if they've told me they're my friends, so that I don't hurt myself. Because I do, I hurt myself every second I'm not in contact with at least one person I'm attached to. So I'll have to 'ween' myself off of my addiction of being accompanied all the time. Not that hard, I hope.
But Ive noticed how desperate I get when I'm waiting for someone, or when someone suddenly has to leave me for whatever reason. I get anxious when I feel I'm being rejected, when I feel alone. All because I attach to everyone like it's nothing.
So, I'll be working on re-directing my attachments. It's all I can think of. Instead of people, I'll cling to things. I can have things on me all the time, and things won't leave me. I can lose them, but then it'll really, actually be my fault. It won't be my imagination that it's m fault. It sounds better than what I'm doing now.
I'll find more things to distract myself with in the meantime; distract myself from the fact that the people I cling to are not available whenever they become so. To stop myself from hanging out in places they show up, desperately looking for them in every face. Staring at the list of people that are online until I see their names light up.
It's gotten really bad.
I need to let them go.
And cling to either things
Or to someone who is there all the time
The difficulty with clinging to God, is that I don't believe He's there for me.
Maybe this is why I desperately attach to whomever crosses my path.
I guess I'll have to work on this as well.
Isn't it easier to attach to God instead of things, than to God instead of people?

No comments:

Post a Comment