Thursday, June 24, 2010

So how...

How...
How?
Yeah...
How do I do this?
I know
You're going to tell me to just let it out
To scream into a pillow
Let me tell you
The pillow will not do anything to muffle my screaming
No it won't
Everyone in this house will hear me
And someone will ask me if I was screaming
And then I'll feel shamed
Shame
Shame shame shame shame
Shame
It's the last thing I want to feel
No way do I want to feel it
Even remotely
I am in shame all the damn time
I can ignore it
But not if someone brings it up
Then I'll wallow in it
So how
How?
Tell me please
How can I get relief?
I can't even cry
I'm not allowed
By me
I don't let myself cry
In my head
Sure
But then my head gets weirdly warm
I'd rather not
No thanks
If I bawl
Someone will hear me
Damn it
I don't WANT anyone to hear me
Because they'll ask me what's wrong
And I won't have an answer
I don't want anyone to touch me
Don't fucking touch me
If I'm crying and you touch me
I can't take that
It's too much
I'll just stop crying
Yeah thanks, your comforting skills are superb
You made me stop right away
Aren't you glad?
It's happened before
It was the worse way I've ever been made to feel by anyone before
But it was my own damn fault
So I haven't cried since
Not in anyway that you could hear
Not in anyway that would comfort me
Not in any way that would bring me relief
This
This writing
This is me crying
Can you hear me sobbing?
No you can't
But you can read all about it
And imagine me doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment