Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Terrifying


So
Speaking of scary
It seems
That a while back
I started getting memories
Of things
That happened
A long time ago

I'm afraid
I'm so afraid
Of remembering

What will happen?
Who will help me?
Who can help me?

Can I tell you?
What will you do?
What will you say?
What will you think?

I'm so scared
Of myself
How could this have happened?
How?
Why?
Why did this happen to me?

I don't understand
So I stopped them
They have ceased
The memories

But I can feel them
Screaming
Tearing apart
With different voices
All of me asunder

They beg to be let out
Shall I let them?
Now that I know?
I let them
Out
Before I knew
What they were
They were scary
And beautiful
I knew them
Far away I knew them
And felt them
My children
My babies
And I saved them
And kept them secret
From everyone

Now they've grown
And are begging
Yelling
Screaming
To be let out

I can't sleep
Because they tell me
They speak to me
And they let me feel them
They let me feel what I've forgotten
I don't
Want
To feel
If that is what I'll feel
I'd rather not
Please
Stop it
Stop
I can't
I'm sorry
Stay inside

Breathe in
Breathe out
Short
Sharp
Breaths

Inhale
Exhale
Quick
Strong
Fast

I tremble
Who can hold me down?
Who will do it?

I have lost
And they are coming
This is what this is for
For them

They will speak
And I will hear them
For better or for worse
Though it may cause me pain
Though I will be torn
I will listen
Will you listen with me?
I'm so afraid...

No comments:

Post a Comment