Friday, July 2, 2010

Unsafe

In my head
In my mind
I am unsafe
There is no where I can be
Where I am safe
From myself  
From others
From harm that was done to me
I can't remember it
I can't see it

I can feel it
Pushing me
And guiding me
Worthless
To hurt myself
To cause me damage
To put myself in harms way
And I do
Worthless
I hurt myself
Eagerly
Greedily
I revel in that pain
I try to push it away
But it comes back
Stronger
More hurtful
It cuts me
And tears me in two
I can see it
I can feel it
Standing
An ax swung heavily into my skull
Lying
A golf club bashing my head
Sitting
A knife cutting my skin open
But the ax prevails
Always the ax
If I think I've been bad
The ax cuts it away
If I think I can be good
It reminds me I can't
If I'm silently thinking
The ax cuts into my thoughts
It chops away at me
Until I can no longer think
I don't know what I'm doing
And I hurt myself
Then I wake up
And I realize what I've done to myself
If only I could cry
But I can't
And the ax returns to punish me
Because I've been bad
So bad
I'm bad

Don't be worried
If you catch me flinching
It is the ax doing it's job
Keeping me in line
From harmful thoughts
And from hopeful thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment